Advertisement

Obras

topic posted Fri, August 2, 2013 - 1:32 AM by  maurizio
Share/Save/Bookmark
Was thinking we could share some obras with each other. For example I was told by my gf that you can fry up plantains and put molasses with a candle to olokun as an obra for 7 days. Looking forward to hear from everyone :)
posted by:
maurizio
Advertisement
  • Re: Obras

08/02
    Yes,that's great,you can also fry pieces of pork seasoned with adobo. I personally take a blue and white plate,I start out by frying the pieces of pork(seasoned),when done I arrange on plate,next,I fry sliced green plaintains and sliced sweet ripe plaintains,when done I arrange the mixture of slices on the plate with the pork,finally I drizzle a generous amount of unsulfered mollasses over the offering with prayers and intentions spoken at this time. I place it before olokun,I light two blue candles,shake and spin maraca,again offering prayers and thanksgiving. When I remove the offering seven days later I take the remnants to the ocean and cast them in the sea,again giving thanks.alaia.

08/02
      I offer a nice simple obra to obatala,consisting of a glass of milk and cascarilla sprinkled on top with slivers of coaco butter shaven on top,I slowly ring obatala's agogo,offer my prayers and thanks,light two white candles and sit meditating before obatala to gain his ache and love,clarity of vision ,peace,and tranquility.Its especially a beautiful experience when done just as the sun is rising.ache.

08/02
        I also love a wonderful obra I offer to ochun. I take a plain white dish or one rimmed with gold,I purchase five fresh sunflowers,a jar of honey,five pennies,five eggs and ground cinnamon.First I cut five small pieces of brown paper,using a pencil,I write the name of the person even if it is myself that I want ochun to bless,I place each piece of paper in a circle with one in the middle,on top of each piece of paper place a penny head's up,on top of each penny place one egg yolk(it can not be broken or running,but it ,must be separated from the egg white),you can save the egg whites and use them in a white spiritual bath.gentlely place a snipped sunflower top on top of each egg yolk trying not to burst or break the yolk,drizzle a generous amount of honey all over the dish,sprinkle ground cinnamon on top,light two yellow candles,offer prayers and thanks while ringing ochun's bell.Five days later,take the remnants and throw it into the river ,clean yourself with five more pennies throw them in the river,give thanks and converse with ochun,alafia.

Recent topics in "Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Caretaking the Warriors FourgeN. 16 Today, 1:14 PM
Gods? Spirits? Other? FourgeN. 0 Today, 12:04 PM
Community Reading -- Itadogun 10/23/2014 Fagbemijo Am... 0 October 23, 2014
Orula Reading FourgeN. 2 October 11, 2014