Advertisement

OSHUN ??? Paths

topic posted Wed, May 18, 2011 - 2:57 PM by  Unsubscribed
Share/Save/Bookmark
Are Oshun daughter mostly attracted to marry man ????

Do paths of oshun genarallly speaks about the personality of a persons
posted by:
Unsubscribed
Advertisement
  • Re: OSHUN ??? Paths

Wed, May 18, 2011 - 4:25 PM
    I'm not quite sure how to respond or approach the first part of your question - I don't think that daughters of Oshun are the only ones attracted to married men. I wouldn't say that that's an "Oshun" thing. I know plenty of daughters of Shango (myself included) who have gotten involved (knowingly AND unknowingly) with men that were technically unavailable.

Now, the paths of any of the orishas you receive after making santo (as is my understanding) influence or reflect your personality in different ways. In Lukumi, not all santos have specific paths (like Oya, Shango, the Ibeji) either.

But sure, if your Oshun (whether it's your crown or not) is Ibu Kole or Ibu Akuaro or whichever...I think it has a lot to say about your personality and how that path meshes with the other orishas' paths in your "court" says even more.

Wed, May 18, 2011 - 4:45 PM
      Hmmm I would like to know were you've heard this from. About ochun's?? Now I have seen 1 daughter of ochun go after a married man as well and when she finally got him I guess you can say she bit off more than she could chew. The man's wife left him took all the money out from the bank, hadn't payed the mortgage payment in 4 months, to the dogs and left him in debt. With no were to go, so he had to move in with her and she had to help him with his bills!!!!! Now I've only seen this once but I know ochun's are just not mostly into married men. There into anyone who strikes there intrest's. Usually men who are going, fun,handsome, a good time, that love life,etc. Like the life of the party types of guys. From what I've seen from my experince's. Maybe some one will have a different out take on it. Then agin also to add I've seen women who were not ochun's at all but just attracted to married men, it was like they were just addicted to being home wreckers. I guess it's the thrill of the game. But it could be a very dangerous game.

Wed, May 18, 2011 - 4:55 PM
        =X<-- ME!!

Oh sweet goddess of malta help us all.
        • Unsu...

Re: OSHUN ??? Paths

Thu, May 19, 2011 - 7:03 PM
          "Oh sweet goddess of malta help us all. "

King, you are too much...lol ..always with you...love it

Tty soon

Ire, Baba

Thu, May 19, 2011 - 9:14 PM
            lmfaoooooooooooooo!!

I had to pour some cool water on my head and "ori tutu". The future of america ladies and gentlemen -half hearted fanfare- =/
            #EpicFail

<3 Baba lookin forward to it!

Wed, May 18, 2011 - 6:23 PM
    heart (what name do we call you by)?

It has nothing to do with who your guardian angel is if you go after a married person or not - it is up to your morals, ethics and values. Honestly - if someone is going after a married person, knowing that they shouldn't (though common sense isn't really that common), than that just has to speak with the very low standard of morality that they have.

We must learn to differentiate between our own errors as humans, and seeking to find a reason through the Orisha who we belong to.

I believe that is as civil as I can put it.

~Ged

p.s. I'm with King - :-X

Wed, May 18, 2011 - 7:17 PM
      I think GED said it best, when it really boils down to it, it's down to your own decisions. I'm crowned chongo and he had many wives now does that make it right for me to run around and have multiple girls and be a player. Nope it don't that was my papa's trial's and tribulation's and it's threw his stories and life that I need to learn from:) and not make the same mistake's.

Thu, May 19, 2011 - 2:08 PM
        Absolutely right...
        Just like people think children of Chango are supposed to be constantly fighting, too, or children of Yemaya are supposed to be bitter, etc. ... all those things about the orishas are supposed to teach us to learn from their mistakes.

What I know about daughters of Oshun is that they love to be in love... they are sweet and beautiful and make people feel welcome and loved.

Fri, May 20, 2011 - 12:15 AM
    married men yes very true from my side i talk out of my past experience i !!i never knew i was a daughter of oshun until 2 months ago i had a reading and was told and was not very spiritual then i had 2 past long time relationships with married men actually they were attracted to me i guess its the age difference also plays a part the last ended sometime last year ...then i had my reading done am a daughter of oshun but for sure am not going back through that road again as i used to ask myself WHY ONLY MARRIED MEN SEEMED TO BE ATTRACTED AND LIKE ME ????NO..THANKS NO MORE MARRIED MEN FOR ME.....VERY SINGLE INDEED.....

Fri, May 20, 2011 - 8:15 AM
      :)

I must iterate that the common day belief of Oshun is that she is a "sexual goddess, a whore" and I've even heard of people say she invited hair weaving. This is incorrect - Oshun is a dual entity, encompassing both the microscopic forces of attraction in general, and also the objective observation of everything to see how to improve and better it (which is why she is shown holding a mirror or looking in reflective water).

One of the prime edicts of Ifa is that one shall not sleep with the wife/husband of another - for this goes against and dishonors the Orisha Obba, whose husband, Shango - cheated on her and caused the ruin of their home.

Recent topics in "Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
feeling down and loosing my faith... Yansa787 13 Yesterday, 2:29 PM
Newly initiated!!! Aggayusita 10 July 20, 2014
7/19/2014 ITADOGUN Fagbemijo Am... 0 July 20, 2014
question interpretation... Yansa787 4 July 11, 2014