Advertisement

just got a rayamiento but my padrino doesnt know i have a gf?

topic posted Wed, May 16, 2012 - 8:28 AM by  jackie
Share/Save/Bookmark
So heres the problem i just got scratched 2 days ago i am a very spiritual person i love this religion. i feel like i am very connected to it. My dad is a palero for 28 years and a santero. I was born into this religion. However the problem is i have a gf lol..my parents dont know thats because i dont want to feel negative energy and judgemental remarks from them. I rather tell them when i move out and i am finacially stable so they can deal with that fact on their own and that is if i am still with her. I do still like men it just so happens that i got caught up with a female. Npw question is it bad that i am scratched? My padrino made sure to ask first if i should get a rayamiento and said yes. So i respected the answer and did it and i felt brand new . I love it. I really feel like i am connected to them for some reason its always in my mind. Wheb i got scratched i felt closer i felt positive energy and thats what i love about it. I didnt do it because i want to be a millionair like jayz or someone and some people come into this religion thinking they will recieve somuch which people do but not what they expect. I did it because i love to feel connected to understand my intrest better. Nowmy dad wants.me to recieve a loco but before that i would just like to know your opinion and answer if you know 100 percent about this religion on the rights and wrongs. Thanks.
posted by:
jackie
New Jersey
Advertisement
  • alafia Jackie,

If you underwent Ocha initiation prior to being scratched you might have a problem. Rayamento usually
    is done prior to Ocha.. However, a santero or santera may be marked which is different then being cut
    after being made in ocha. . I myself have undergone neither rayamento ( being cut in Regla de Palo)
    or being marked ( marked not cut or scratched in Regla de Palo). As for telling this to your godfather or
    padrino, I think you are correct. Tell him after you move out of the house. The reasoning for this as I
    understand it is as follows: Palo deals with the muertos primarily and the muertos alsways come first even
    in the Regla de lukumi.
    Be well, Odun

Recent topics in "Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Info About Laroye, Please! FourgeN. 1 Today, 3:55 AM
Babalawo in Charlotte. JT 2 Yesterday, 7:59 PM
Something appearing in my room or im nuts..lol offlineAmber 6 Yesterday, 7:56 PM
Sex! FourgeN. 12 Yesterday, 10:16 AM