Advertisement

Travel with Warriors

topic posted Sun, October 9, 2011 - 5:53 PM by  Mark
Share/Save/Bookmark
As I've just received my Warriors, I was wondering as to any advice as to taking Warriors( esp. Osun on an airplane.) Keeping it upright would seem to constitute a problem. Not to mention all the tools in Oggun's cauldron, being ....uhhh... scrutinized.....Any help would be appreciated.

Blessings,

Mark
posted by:
Mark
New York City
Advertisement
  • Re: Travel with Warriors

Sun, October 9, 2011 - 6:45 PM
    Flying with Osun is nerve-wracking. I have seen people use plastic bread storage containers to keep him upright and wrapped, but you will have to have a long, uncomfortable conversation with airport security about what it is, that it is a religious object, that no they CANT touch it but that you can show it to them, etc. Also, it's hard to be constantly vigilant that he doesn't get tipped over.

Flying with your full caldero for Ogun/Ochosi is a non-starter. They are never going to let that on a plane. My advice is carry the otanes with you (and caracol, if you have them) and just ship the rest FedEx.

Hope this helps,

Ogbe Di
  • Re: Travel with Warriors

Sun, October 9, 2011 - 6:45 PM
    Congratulations! I've had my warriors for just over a year now and if I'm travelling I always tend to take Eleggua with me and leave osun and ogun at home. I'm never away from home for more than a month and ellegua travels in my hand luggage. I have never had any problems.

I suppose it depends how long you will be travelling for. Best bet would be to check with you Padrino/ Madrina.

Recent topics in "Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Anyone else near Buffalo, NY? steve 1 Today, 5:05 AM
Caretaking the Warriors FourgeN. 9 Yesterday, 4:36 PM
ITADOGUN 9/21/14 Fagbemijo Am... 0 September 25, 2014
Working with Eggun Sonia 11 September 21, 2014