Advertisement

Receiving Olokun & Ibejis

topic posted Fri, July 29, 2011 - 6:32 AM by  OmoShango
Share/Save/Bookmark
Alafia Tribe =)

I haven't posted in a while but wanted to ask for some insight. I will be receiving Olokun & Ibejis next weekend. I am very excited and know a few things but wanted to ask for some info/feedback about either Orisa. Not really looking for info on the ceremonies but more so patakis, secrets, background etc on them. All are welcome to share. Thanks for the info in advance!

Ase,

Dana
posted by:
OmoShango
New Jersey
Advertisement
  • Re: Receiving Olokun & Ibejis

Fri, July 29, 2011 - 7:44 AM
    Dana:)

The Ibelli's are a phenomenal force - and they are important for all orisha - most especially Yemaya's, Oshun's, and Sango's children. Spoil them - treat them as if they were your kids, and they will always be at your side, helping you.

Olokun is different for everyone - depending on the sign that she gives you when she is born, your relationship will vary. With the sign I have in Olokun, she comes to me as a fierce mother, and has often proven to be my quiet rock in the sea of chaos that is life. I give her great thanks and love her very much.

One of my favorite pataki's is when Olokun challenged Obatala for ownership of the world. Even though Olokun lost (to Alaguema, Obatala as the Chameleon), I still think it is an important representation of Olokun's titanic powers.

~Ged

Fri, July 29, 2011 - 8:06 AM
      Hi Ged,

Thanks for the feedback. As you know I am Omo Shango so the Ibejis were a definite for me..lol. I had been trying for a while to get them because it kept coming out in readings. Olokun is another Ive been told to receive a while back. I was recently laid off and got a severance so I said if theres any time its now..lol. Olokun represents stability correct?

Fri, July 29, 2011 - 9:08 AM
        Olokun represents spiritual and physical stability - not financial. Olokun is a great orisha who deals with the dead and the body, as that the water we have within us is a combination of sweet and salt. Olokun brings blessings no matter what, but it is an orisha that should not be trifled with. Personally, when I think of Olokun, I picture either a huge creature, half human half octoopus, emerging from the depths of the Ocean, or of a leviathan, some giant behemoth from the bottom of the ocean. Water orishas tend to scare the bejesus out of me - but I have a deep fondness for Olokun.

I know that whenever I am not feeling well, or something hurts, I go straight for Olokun water - I either drink it or apply it wherever I have pain. It is also good to bathe with and clean your house with to bring prosperity.

The Ibellis have more to do with financial gain - if you are ever in dire need, throw a small party for Eleggua and the Ibeyi's, spoil them, and they will make sure you always have to buy them sweets and treats. Many people treat their ibelli's as one - however, remember they are two. My Kehinde (female) Ibelli loves grape juice, while my Taewo (male) will sometimes Okana me until he gets a can of soda. go figure.... lol

~Ged

Fri, July 29, 2011 - 9:44 AM
          Overall stability is what Im seeking..lol. Things always seem to work out eventually but Id like more stability in all aspects. And thanks for the tips. I had to read it twice when you said Olokun water..I wasnt sure if you meant ocean water or omiero but you said you drink it so Im guessing Omiero..lol. Couldnt imagine drinking ocean water. But I do keep ocean and river water in the house. I grab some whenever I go to either because you never know when itll come in handy and I really dont want to drive down to the beach in the cold of winter..lol. Oh and we actually will be throwing a party for Ibejis by the end of the summer. Pinata and all but now that you mentioned it Im bringing my Elegua cuz I know he would love that! lol.

Tue, August 23, 2011 - 9:20 PM
          I have the Ibejis, its beautiful, I didnt know they like soda, before I got them it came of in a reading that I have to throw a party for my kids(twin boys) and have all the children wipe their hands on my apron and keep it for good luck! I didnt understand it then but years later I understood.

Tue, August 23, 2011 - 10:58 PM
            the ibeyis and olokun I call them miracle makers I my self have living testimony on that When I received ibeyis I was small but ged you threw me a memory from back in the day before receiving them when I was small my mom had an image of a lil boy called El Santo niƱo Cautivo and my mom would tell me to leave him a can of pepsi I used to remember that I would give him his pepsi and say hope you like it is for you so I treated him like a real human being when some one else other than me would change his pepsi I would get so mad that I would cry and years later i received my ibeyis nice flashback but as olokun goes let me say this words can not describe olokun it is so amazing I mean I clean my house with olokun water do baths and also when there are things that bother me i throw olokun water i go crazy grab the water and throw it everywhere my advice follow your letra to the tee cause that is what will get you thru mucho ashe and blessings to you on that day you will change big time and you will feel like another person

Recent topics in "Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Caretaking the Warriors FourgeN. 6 Yesterday, 8:47 PM
OSE IFA READING - FROM 8/28/2014 Fagbemijo Am... 0 Yesterday, 10:19 AM
algodon pure cotton for obatala Yansa787 0 August 23, 2014
#iyawoproblems Ire 0 August 22, 2014