Advertisement

Oche Unle and Eight Five

topic posted Thu, March 15, 2007 - 10:32 AM by  Atketzalli
Share/Save/Bookmark
Bendicion!
I've had a couple of consultas recently and dont feel like I received all the answers to the many questions I've posed.
I know that on the first consulta I got an "Oche Unle" which is a 5 and an 8. I was told that this was about the story of Obatala touching Oshun inappropriately at a time when she thought he was her father.
The second consulta brought up an 8 and a 5. I was told the story of the Nun, Oya, and Olofi.
I recently had my first rogacion and got my eleke. I'm just starting to wet my feet in the ways of the Orisha path and all of this is at times confusing and overwhelming.

Both times I was asking about a love interest who was pursuing hard core but then became a bit distant and wanted to take things slow and be friends. Then despite his actions of courtship he said that we're just friends. I've tried to seperate myself from this individual because it seems we're not on the same page but he persists on being in my life.

I need clarity from someone willing to listen and interact with my questions and not just blurt out confusing information.

Atketzalli....Hija de Oshun
posted by:
Atketzalli
SF Bay Area
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Oche Unle and Eight Five

Mon, March 19, 2007 - 3:39 PM
    I can only talk from personal experience but the time in my life that was ruled by 8-5 was full of betrayal from every person who was closest to me that I trusted and loved. That letter is like "I know why the caged bird sings." Dangers of betrayal and being trapped. Dangers of depression. Not sure if that helped, but I remember that letter fallin on me hard.
    • Re: Oche Unle and Eight Five

Mon, March 19, 2007 - 6:22 PM
      Sad but true...cruel but fair. I'm coming out of that experience...made me stronger and wiser though. And I got rid of a few bad apples in my cart. Better alone than in bad company. And in the end for you, did the wrong doers get there's? In my end they did, although i didnt wish it upon them..I was too depressed. They ultimately brought it upon themselves.
  • Unsu...

Mon, April 16, 2007 - 7:08 PM
    Ki Olorun Nagbe O.

In order to make a clear understanding of the Odu you draw, in order to converse on this, you must also include if the 5-8 and 8-5 came in Ire or Osobo, and then what type of Ire or Osobo.

Example: 8-5 in Ire is happiness but 8-5 in Osobo is suffering; so it is not enought to just post odu in number only. So we need Ire Ariku cotoyale or Osobo elese Ocha larishe, for example.

No one can give you answer just with numbers.
    • Re: Oche Unle and Eight Five

Wed, April 18, 2007 - 10:17 AM
      The last reading I received was 8-5 con Osogbo Iku otonowa. I was told that this was the litest form of osogbo you can receive, and it simpley meant that you won't die till god says its time. The 8-5 part was said to mean that I have no friends except Oshun and Ellegua. To me that was really a hard cookie to swallow, for while I am extreemly greatful for their friendship, I took it to mean that I should not fully trust any of the people who call themselves my friends. Harsh, and an eye opener.
  • Unsu...

Mon, July 9, 2007 - 5:49 AM
    I realize that im posting months after you asked this question.

reading the posts. I do not believe an Olosha answered.

First of all this Odu is ruled by Oshun and Obatala

This Odu signals the birth of Obba Changos first wife.

This Odu speak of infidelity

Odu says that you can not trust anyone

Here is where friends lie to you

To get whatt they want.

You must never have more than one lover in this Odu.

This where you love someone else more than you

love yourself

and it has been your disgrace.

You need to be single for a while

until you find yourself again

You have lost your soul

In search for something that was never there.

You once stood tall

Like Oshun herself

Now you have no self esteem

You failed yourself

and you failed the test Oshun set before you

you have been misled

because you are hard headed...

Pick up the calabash you dropped.

Breath deep and keep walking

to your destiny....

Hit me up directly if you want me to continue...

(P.S. First of all Obatala is the figure of purity, he would never touch ANY one inappropriately. His only down fall was that he liked to drink. He quit that as well. So tell your madrina to ask her padrino the true story of 5-8/8-5...You need to recieve Obba.)

Oju'mu Omi Okan...

Recent topics in "Santeria"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Anyone else near Buffalo, NY? steve 0 Yesterday, 7:33 PM
Newly initiated!!! Aggayusita 13 September 15, 2014
Leaking Tinaja Anna 1 September 8, 2014
ITADOGUN 10/5/2014 Fagbemijo Am... 0 September 5, 2014